Search Results for: Business
||Latam FX rise as US inflation data dents dollar|
Brazil's real rose 0.2% while Mexico's peso added 0.3%. Higher copper prices bolstered top producer Chile's peso, which was up 0.5% after two straight days of losses.
* In Peru, the sol currency and the stock index made slight moves after a day of turbulence when markets were spooked by a socialist surge in presidential elections.
||Yields dip after CPI data, J&J vaccine pause|
The 10-year yield was last down 2.1 basis points at 1.6552%, holding below a 14-month high of 1.776% reached on March 30.
* "We've had yields run up a ton on expectations that inflation is going to be going to the moon ... but (the data) doesn't show any signs of getting completely out of control, at least not yet," he said.
||Argentina's Feitt banned for life for match-fixing|
Feitt, who had a highest ATP singles ranking of 920, admitted to nine breaches of the Tennis Anti-Corruption Program rules, including five counts of attempting to contrive the outcome or any other aspect of any match.
* The 28-year-old was also found guilty of three instances of soliciting other players not to use their best efforts and one failure to report corrupt approaches to the ITIA officials.
||Britain's wheat imports set season low in February|
Wheat imports for the month totalled 94,956 tonnes, down from 106,531 tonnes in January and the lowest monthly total so far for the 2020/21 season, which runs from July to June.
* A slowdown had been expected following the expiration of a transitional trade agreement between Britain and the European Union at the end of 2020.
||Rossari Biotech files Rs 700-crore IPO papers with Sebi|
Rossari Biotech plans to utilise the net proceeds towards repayment or prepayment of certain indebtedness availed by Rossari Biotech, to fund working capital requirements and for general corporate purposes.Get latest Business online at cnbctv18.com
||Jaypee loses 1,000 hectare land that has India's only F1 circuit|
The Yamuna Expressway Authority on Saturday cancelled the allotment of 1,000 hectares of land to Jaypee group on which India's only Formula One motor racing circuit is built in Greater Noida over non-payment of dues, officials said.Get latest Business online at cnbctv18.com
||Japan's Mizuho to decline to chair lobby group after glitches|
Instead, Japan's No.2 lender Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group Inc will take over from the current chair Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group Inc from July, the source said on condition of anonymity.
* The issue on March 11 was a hardware problem at its data centre, which delayed 263 foreign currency-denominated remittances for corporate clients, worth 50 billion yen.
||Medvedev tests COVID-19 positive, out of Monte Carlo Masters|
Medvedev, who was seeded second behind top-ranked Novak Djokovic at the ATP Masters 1000 event on clay, has been put in isolation and is being monitored, the men's tennis governing body said in a statement.
* "My focus is now on recovery and I look forward to getting back out on Tour as soon and as safely as possible."
||Reliance tears into govt affidavit, says no final arbitration award due|
Reliance Industries has mounted a strong counter to the government petition in the Delhi High Court seeking to block its $15 billion deal with Saudi Aramco, saying the petition is an abuse of process as no arbitration award has fixed any final liability of dues on the company.Get latest Business online at cnbctv18.com
||Continental Resources' quarterly output hit by winter storm|
Continental expects oil production to average about 152,000 barrels of oil per day (bopd) and natural gas output to average about 935 million cubic feet per day (mmcfpd).
* Second-quarter production is expected to be 160,000-165,000 bopd and natural gas output is seen at 920-940 mmcfpd, the company said.
||German regulator acts to halt 'illegal' WhatsApp data collection|
"We have reason to believe that the data sharing policy between WhatsApp and Facebook is being impermissibly enforced due to the lack of voluntary and informed consent," said Hamburg's data protection officer Johannes Caspar.
* "To be clear, by accepting WhatsApp's updated terms of service, users are not agreeing to any expansion in our ability to share data with Facebook, and the update does not impact the privacy of their messages with friends or family."
||Financials drag major Gulf markets lower|
Lower demand and a slump in commodity prices eroded state finances last year. In the Middle East and North Africa, fiscal deficits widened to 10.1% of GDP in 2020 from 3.8% of GDP in 2019.
* Saudi Arabia's benchmark index dropped 0.7%, weighed down by a 1% decline in Al Rajhi Bank and a 1.7% decrease in Saudi National Bank.
||Corolla Cross is Finally Open for Bookings|
Toyota Indus Motors (IMC) has finally announced that its Corolla Cross is open for bookings.
* Corolla Car will also be launched in three variants, i.e., Premium High Grade, Smart Mid Grade, and Low Grade.
* Corolla Cross deliveries will start from the 1st of July, 2021.
||By 2020, Apple's AirPods set to rake $15 billion business|
Apple sold $6 billion worth of AirPods this year and is set to rake in $15 billion in revenue from the true wireless hearables in 2020, according to the famed Bernstein analyst Toni Sacconaghi.Get latest Technology online at cnbctv18.com
||Sudan due to send first delegation to Israel next week|
One of sources, who could not be identified by name or nationality, said the Sudanese delegation would comprise security and intelligence officials. The specific date for next week's visit had yet to be finalised, the source added.
* Sudan joined the United Arab Emirates, Bahrain and Morocco in agreeing to move toward normal relations with Israel in 2020 Abraham Accords deals brokered by the Trump administration.
||Liverpool's Klopp urges caution against high-flying but depleted Real|
"When you are 3-1 down it looks like we are already out - it means we have not a lot to lose. The result showed they were better than us but it's only the first half," Klopp told reporters.
* "Football is football, anything is possible," Klopp added on the possibility of a comeback. "We speak about results but for me, the performance is much more important. We have to play like ourselves.
||Bank of England's Haldane to quit this year|
Haldane - who has struck the most upbeat tone among BoE policymakers about Britain's prospects for a rapid recovery from the COVID pandemic - will step down from the BoE's Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) after its June meeting and start his role at the RSA in September.